WHO IS IT FOR?
If you have suffered with gum disease, bone loss or unstable teeth and you are permanently self-conscious about your smile, then we can offer a life-changing solution to your predicament.
You could be a candidate for Same Day Teeth if:
- You have many old fillings, failing crowns and bridges, along with gaps and many loose teeth that need extracting
- You wear old and worn partial dentures, retained by a mixture of decayed teeth, have gum disease and fear the worst
- You would not even consider full dentures because you feel there is a stigma attached to them and you are too young to wear them
- You have suffered lifelong problems with dentures and cannot choose the foods you like
- The look of your smile and natural teeth depresses you and affects your confidence
- You are afraid to smile and don’t feel like the person you used to be
Are full dentures the answer?
In our experience, for many the answer would be NO. For some time, people who are about to face the loss of their teeth have had the option to be fitted with a full arch of bone anchored teeth, rather than the traditional removable dentures. These arches of teeth can be removable or fixed. Unfortunately, this state of the art technique is not widely promoted in general practice, leaving many patients with no option but to become a denture wearer. The loss of all your natural teeth is a tragic problem.
Living a full life requires teeth that function, which means implant assisted solutions. The long-term detrimental effects of complete tooth loss are well documented and include facial changes due to the loss of jawbone and accelerated premature signs of ageing. The World Health Organisation classifies the loss of all natural teeth as ‘physical impairment’. The consequences of complete tooth loss are both functional and emotional. Our teams understand that losing your last few remaining teeth can be devastating. Conventional dentures interfere with professional and personal lives and many denture wearers find their dentures impractical, troublesome and a poor comparison to healthy natural teeth.
Those new to complete dentures can suffer from:
- Frequent embarrassment
- Difficulty speaking and chewing
- Restricted diets
- Sore spots and pain
Restoring your quality of life
Attractive, natural looking teeth help us look and feel our best. They let us enjoy the foods we love. They allow us to be naturally confident at home, at work and at play. That’s why the loss of teeth has a considerable impact on everyday life and self-esteem. Traditionally, procedures for replacing missing teeth required many steps. Making dentures is time-consuming and often many adjustments are necessary. Some patients give up using their dentures due to discomfort and poor stability.