Most denture wearers can identify with the feeling of loss and embarrassment in social situations that comes with wearing dentures. Fortunately, many of these patients can now benefit from the Same Day Teeth procedures our team offer. Non-removable teeth held in place by dental implants are more comfortable and stable, and also preserve your jawbone. Add to this the emotional benefits such as improved self-image and confidence, and for many people an implanted bone anchored arch of teeth is the clear choice.
Single day procedure
- No need to wear a complete denture
- Be free of denture discomfort and embarrassment
- Leave with an arch of non-removable, natural looking teeth
- Experience a more varied diet by comparison to a complete denture*
- Feel confident and self-assured
*We do recommend a softer diet during the first few weeks following the Same Day Teeth procedure.
Thanks to guided surgery, Same Day Teeth offers:
- Less surgical time
- Less invasive surgery
- Predictable and efficient technique
- Less downtime with less discomfort
- Precision implant placement
“Several research studies have clearly demonstrated that fixed dental implant solutions, compared to removable dentures, significantly improve patients’ quality of life.”
“Fixed dental implants allow patients to chew and speak properly as well as increase patients’ comfort and self-confidence, and reduce bone resorption.”
Sources: The McGill consensus statement on overdentures. Mandibular two-implant overdentures at first choice standard of care for edentulous patients. Montreal, Quebec, May 24-25,
2002.; Int J Oral Maxillofac Impants. 2002 Jul-Aug; 17(4):601-2. Fiske et al, The emotional effects of tooth loss in edentulous people, British Journal, Vol 184, No. 2, January 24, 1998.
With conventional dentures you can lose more than your confidence:
- Severe bone resorption may occur without implant treatment
- Conventional dentures can fall out at any time
- Avoiding food can lead to nutritional deficiencies
- Altered self-image
- Avoiding social situations
A limited alternative:
- Restores only 10% of the chewing function
- Poorly fitting dentures may lead to sore spots or painful blisters
- Dentures may need occasional relining
- Adhesives must often be added for comfort
- Can limit lip and cheek support
Fixed arch of teeth - what is ‘the third dentition’?
The word ‘Dentition’ pertains to the development of teeth and their arrangement in the mouth. In particular, it is the characteristic arrangement, kind, and number of teeth humans have. Human dentition has two successions of teeth (deciduous/“milk teeth” and permanent). Therefore your permanent teeth once lost are gone forever, which leads to many negative issues because we require healthy teeth to function normally. The full arch of replacement teeth we offer is made up of four to six dental implants placed in either arch. We then attach a Titanium framework with an acrylic gum veneer, along with a complete arch of true to life teeth. This artificial prosthesis feels and looks like a natural arch of teeth.
Hand made permanent teeth
X ray of dental implants in the upper and lower jaws
Permanent teeth anchored in place